Author Topic: My First Odyssey  (Read 995 times)

pinned250r

• View Profile
My First Odyssey
« on: July 31, 2014, 08:57:21 PM »
Hey everyone, my name is Colin, and to this point in my life i have built OBS chevy trucks and trx250r's. I Picked up 2 FL250's tonight, one running in ok shape, one 1/2 assembled almost everything there bike with bad piston, and a spare motor that needs a piston. I paid $400 only! My gameplan is to pretty up the already running bike, and sell it. They go for about $800-1300 around here. To pretty it up i need a seat cover, and some spray paint.

The next bike is a project. I am pondering dropping a 340 in it, but really think i will probably just keep it stock cylinder'd, port it, bigger carb, and a custom intake and tank. Maaaaaybe go as far as some special pipe, not sure. I havent had time to check spark, or anything like that, is an ignition fairly easy to find for these things? Anyone have a spare laying around? I will post some pics tomorrow, any help or pointing in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Side note, does anyone know what the stock bore is on these? I am not sure when ill get to caliper the cylinder.

Thanks all, and God Bless!

Colin