Author Topic: Old Odessey been modified  (Read 1724 times)

fletchman919

• View Profile
Old Odessey been modified
« on: July 26, 2014, 12:15:42 PM »
I'm trying to find info on this old Odessey I picked up. Someone has added rear suspension and a few other things. I was wondering if it was a kit or if someone just fabbed this on their own. I'm going to add an atv engine and bring it back to life. Any links to good oddesey sites for parts/info is appreciated also.[/URL]

[/img]

fletchman919

• View Profile
Re: Old Odessey been modified
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 06:14:53 PM »
I've been looking for the right donor atv for a while and I just happened to find it right after starting this thread. The donor has new tires, a good running 200cc four stroke engine with reverse, an auto clutch and a lighting stator. Pretty stoked! I'm wanting to build a woods buggy capable of most atv trails. I think this setup will fit the bill.

fletchman919

• View Profile
Re: Old Odessey been modified
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 09:01:53 AM »
I have been able to work on the buggy a little here and there. I have removed the old engine and jack shafts and have the motor mount for the new engine tacked in. I re-drilled the rear spindles to accept the new wheels. I'm experimenting with different shocks.

I was wanting to keep from using a jack shaft, but after mocking up the engine, I realize that I'm going to have to use one. The engine and axle are too close together. I'd appreciate any feedback.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:04:35 AM by fletchman919 »