Author Topic: FL 350 Axle to FNR Fittment ?  (Read 1194 times)

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
FL 350 Axle to FNR Fittment ?
« on: October 17, 2013, 08:54:05 AM »
This is something that I have just noticed. Hoping guys have some kind of a fix for this. The way the axle fits onto the FNR on 3 separate buggies I have is significantly worn. The way these buggies handle has got to be effected by this. Is there a way to get the fitment tighter by over-sizing the thru bolts and FNR groove?

DMoneyAllstar

• Hello. My name is Dan, and I'm addicted to buggies
    • View Profile
Re: FL 350 Axle to FNR Fittment ?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 12:43:45 PM »
Uhh what?

The axles connect to the gearbox on a spline shaft, and then two bolts hold the axle on a groove on the shaft on each side.
'85 FL350R Odyssey
'88 LT500R Quadzilla

Corn, beans, wheat, and trees - no sand!

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 09:40:55 AM »
 D-Money...very familiar. Its the spline and groove that wear out along with the bolts...on both the spline of the FNR and on the inside of the axle. Next time you have your Ody up on a jack in the rear...pull outward on the wheel and observe that area...my guess is it will be loose on yours too. Crappy design for sure...looking for a fix.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 07:10:07 PM »
When I had my 350, I removed the axles, spun the splined shafts so that the bolts contacted a different area other than the worn spot... I also swapped sides with the retainer bolts which made them hold with areas that were not worn... It's far from a new design, but it helped the slop considerably....
Hoodlum