Author Topic: 1978 Honda odyessy  (Read 2350 times)

jdl94

• View Profile
1978 Honda odyessy
« on: August 28, 2013, 02:35:14 AM »
Howdy all I'm new to this forum but came here because recently whilst going to inspect a motorbike for a project after work I saw a 1978 odyessy buggy parked in his garage and it just grabbed my eye! Now that is a project I'd love to do but didn't know much about them, I got told he brought in pieces along with a donor odyessy and he never got around to putting it together, donor buggy comes with 4 rims, rolling frame, good fibre glass front, 3 tires, good steering and has a pit bike motor on it other buggy is all there besides carby and he's asking $800 neg. I've never rebuilt anything besides motorbikes but mechanics come easy to me so I'm not worried about that side of it. Is it worth the $800 bucks ( I reckon he'd take 500-600 cash ) or not and what's the most common problems with these buggies? I'm very eager to get a project running and I think this would be a perfect project! Thanks, jack.

jdl94

• View Profile
Re: 1978 Honda odyessy
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 06:56:42 AM »
I made a deal with him, the two buggys, 85 honda, complete thumpster 50cc and 110cc motor for $600. Picking it up tomorrow and can't wait to start the porject! Thanks for the link. I'll be taking pictures of the whole process and will upload when I can. Should keep me busy for awhile :)

jdl94

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 11:15:26 PM »
Some pictures. Alot of surface rust on chassis but no bends, seat was rusted out, front bumper bar and cage pretty clean, plastics are faded but with the help of boiled linseed and paint thinner they look alot better. All the bolts on it are mix and match sometime having to use 4 different sockets for the one part and some random screws along the side. Seems like everything is there besides some bolts. Tires, seat and brake cables need replacing, carbi needs to be replaced or rebuilt. Donor buggy came with chain driver sprocket, chain and a chopped and rusty chassis. Rims, steering colum, steering wheel, plastic, chain, sprocket and front chassis and swinger arms usable. Back to the shed I go!   ;)

jdl94

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 11:18:04 PM »
More pics

jdl94

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 11:33:34 PM »
Also, ended up paying 300 for both because of the condition they are in