Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 1103 times)

Tpthekillah87

• View Profile
New to the forum
« on: July 14, 2013, 10:25:47 AM »
My name is john and I just bought my first 1985 fl350 honda odyssey will put pics up soon. My first question is: when I took it down the road it took a few to get to top end speed. I did let it warm up though. And my second question is: what's the best oil to use for the gas mixture? Thank you

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New to the forum
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 05:02:53 AM »
The top speed issue could be anything from Jetting to clutching to worn belt... Did the engine sputter and refuse to clean out or was it running at high rpm's?
I use Amsoil dominator at 40:1, but any quality 2 stroke oil should be fine.... No wally world stuff or outboard oil.....
Oh, and welcome!!!!
Hoodlum

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 06:58:20 AM »
The stock slow jet in an FL350R is a 52. If that is what is still in it, I suggest dropping to a 45. That will make a significant improvement in throttle response. To get a glimpse of what the change would make or to somewhat test if already done: Run full throttle for a bit to clean the engine out. Stop quickly then immediately nail the throttle again. If it takes off much faster than after letting it sit at idle before taking off, then it still has the stock slow jet.

Tpthekillah87

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 04:04:41 PM »
Ok! Thanks guys