Author Topic: Buying an FL400 question???  (Read 1519 times)

NesterBH

• View Profile
Buying an FL400 question???
« on: May 29, 2013, 05:48:47 PM »
I am a newbie, buy am looking to buy a couple FL400's for mys on and me.  I always wanted one when I was a kid, and it seems like there just isn't anything out there that performs the same as the FL400 (off road capability with low center of gravity, speed, and small size).  In my quest, I have noticed the parts are discontinued by Honda.  It seems like this is the wrong time to get into them.  What would you guys do?  Is there another buggy I should be looking at? I understand engine swaps can be done, but what about transmissions and driveline parts?  Are we just going to have to machine our own?  I just don't want to have a couple huge paperweights that are waiting for me to make every part when they break or watch ebay parts dry up.

thanks,
Nester

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: Buying an FL400 question???
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 05:11:27 AM »
You can get several bores out of a cylinder then NiCom plate. Replace bearings when they go bad and other things won't get damaged. I think it will be quite some time before it reaches the point where machines are sitting because of a certain part.

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
Re: Buying an FL400 question???
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 03:46:49 PM »
I'm not encouraging you to buy, but, in my experience, anytime a critical part is no longer available, the aftermarket has risen to the occasion. Or, public pressure has convinced Honda to tool back up.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)