Author Topic: Disc Brake Conversion  (Read 2557 times)

MAS Racing

• View Profile
Disc Brake Conversion
« on: April 13, 2011, 05:46:56 PM »
PilotOdyssseyPerformance.com does not show any conversion kits avalable on their site anymore.  I have tried to contact them and haven't received a reply.  Does anyone else make anything for the Honda Pilot or does anyone have one they would like to sell?
"I dont test myself against others I just test myself."

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Disc Brake Conversion
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 08:13:58 PM »
If you don't mind me asking,why do you want to go to disc brakes?

MAS Racing

• View Profile
Disc Brake Conversion
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 09:03:30 PM »
I have always like disc brakes better than drums.  The drums are not hard to adjust but I think that the disc brakes are cleaner and have a little better stopping power.  Since I have lost my sight I like things to just work well with less maintainance.
"I dont test myself against others I just test myself."

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
Disc Brake Conversion
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 03:48:36 AM »
Aftershock Motorsports is working on a kit. I don't know when it will be available, though.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Disc Brake Conversion
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 02:29:18 PM »
Quote from: "MAS Racing"
I have always like disc brakes better than drums.  The drums are not hard to adjust but I think that the disc brakes are cleaner and have a little better stopping power.  Since I have lost my sight I like things to just work well with less maintainance.

I havn't adjusted my drum brakes in a couple of years....They havn't needed it.....I put braided brake lines on my pilot and that in itself increased my stopping power considerably.....It stiffened up the lever considerably as well....The fronts will lock up easily,but just a thought.....If you make them lock up too easily,it's a very bad thing....When the fronts lock,you loose all steering.....The best stopping is achieved from a brake that almost locks up.....Once traction is lost,stopping distance is increased.....
Good luck though,interested to see what you come up with....
Hoodlum

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Disc Brake Conversion
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 12:59:47 PM »
Quote from: "odypilots"
Aftershock Motorsports is working on a kit. I don't know when it will be available, though.

I'm not sure why I can't post pictures:
Post with pictures

It is probably a few months out. Someone willing to run over weeds on the test track, lives fairly close and has a Pilot might make it happen faster by coming over and doing some testing of the prototype.