Author Topic: stock clutches  (Read 1139 times)

kkjam5

• View Profile
stock clutches
« on: December 17, 2010, 03:38:48 PM »
i am still learning about my fl350, the drive(front) clutch seems to open and close as it should while running at speed. i have it on stands and rear tires in the air. isnt the driven (rear) clutch supposed to move also?

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: stock clutches
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 07:20:33 AM »
Quote from: "kkjam5"
i am still learning about my fl350, the drive(front) clutch seems to open and close as it should while running at speed. i have it on stands and rear tires in the air. isnt the driven (rear) clutch supposed to move also?

If you have the belt on it,and the drive is opening and closing,the driven has no choice but to do the same.....You probably aren't revving it enough to actually make the clutches cycle.....You may be seeing the drive snap closed which is the initial engagement,but it won't move the driven much if any when it does this......
Hoodlum

kkjam5

• View Profile
stock clutches
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 08:28:22 PM »
thanks hoodlum
will rev more and if i get the same results i will just have to road test again :D

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
stock clutches
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 05:45:55 AM »
Quote from: "kkjam5"
thanks hoodlum
will rev more and if i get the same results i will just have to road test again :D

Take a sharpie pen and make marks on the clutch faces,take it for a spin and check the marks...The belt will wear off the marks where it rides on the clutches...This will let you know how far out they are shifting....
Hoodlum