Author Topic: hid lights  (Read 2161 times)

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
hid lights
« on: December 16, 2010, 07:31:35 AM »
Well,I boght some $20 55w lights from autozone to give more light for the night race coming up...They worked pretty good,but not great...I then bought one of these...
WOW!!!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-Xenon-Conversion-kit-ATV-Yamaha-Honda-Polaris-CBR-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aHondaQ7cModelQ3aPilotQQhashZitem336032680bQQitemZ220657248267QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories  What a difference!!!! These make an amazing difference!!!! Got the 5000k color which is white and the brightest.....They really light up the night.....I know they are cheap but if they last long enough to finish the race,I'm happy....They were very easy to install...Had to cut off a couple of blade connectore and install bullets,but other than that,no problems...Took all of 30 min tops to have them burning....
Hoodlum

Adnoh

• View Profile
hid lights
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 02:11:33 PM »
The link says its been removed. Got some pics of the installed lights to show off.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
hid lights
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 02:19:58 PM »
Fixed the link....No pics yet,but I will get some.....Hoodlum

Adnoh

• View Profile
hid lights
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 02:25:13 PM »
Holy tech section. Thats a great deal. If they hold up thu the rece defenty post and move to tech. What a great deal. I seen them in a atv mag and they were a lot more in the mag. I will see if I can dig up the add. Great job Hood.

Adnoh

• View Profile
hid lights
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 02:51:13 PM »
Found the add. It was in Janurary issue of Dirt wheels. Page 109 Ricky stator. The pic look like the same thing with the exception of sticker which has ricky Stator on it. $139.00 for the kit.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
pics
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 05:10:35 PM »
here are some pics

Baja Rick

• View Profile
hid lights
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 07:26:17 AM »
The lights look great!!
 sorry to be way off topic, but could you point me to some pics of your hood or post some others?
 I really like that style and it looks like I could fit my big feet under it

Adnoh

• View Profile
hid lights
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 07:48:55 AM »
I think there work well. I have done night ridding in a pilot and they way better than stock. I used a set on the roof and it caused some problems due to shinning down on my lap. Thanks for sharing Hood and go get them in the night race and have some fun. Just watch out for things that go bump in the night.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
hid lights
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 10:39:16 AM »
The lights look great!!
sorry to be way off topic, but could you point me to some pics of your hood or post some others?
I really like that style and it looks like I could fit my big feet under it

I will try to get some more pics...Anything specific? The hood was actually the result of several different attempts,thus getting my name "Hood"lum from my riding friends.....It works really well keeping mud and dust off of the body...Also has some pretty good dents from deflected rocks that would have otherwise ended up in my lap....
Hoodlum

I think there work well. I have done night ridding in a pilot and they way better than stock. I used a set on the roof and it caused some problems due to shinning down on my lap. Thanks for sharing Hood and go get them in the night race and have some fun. Just watch out for things that go bump in the night.

I started out with them up top but experienced the same thing...Visibility is much better down low and in front.....
I think there will be several high $$$$ razors that will be unpleasantly surprised at the performance we will have in those familiar trails....They may not let us race again,but it will be fun while it lasts.....
As for the things going bump in the night,believe me,I have been thinking about them quite a bit.....Not as much as I was before installing the hid's,but still in my head.....
Hoodlum

Baja Rick

• View Profile
hid lights
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 12:31:41 PM »
I will try to get some more pics...Anything specific?

Anything,, fit along the fenders, inside space, how tall the stand up is on the very front, and the info on what it is made out of. My guess is that it is sheet metal because of the cross break but I'm not sure.

Here's why I'm interested in it. In my spare time I sometimes mess with a little fiberglass, and kinda had some ideas, but they just fit  inside the foottube and my feet would get caught up inside the confines of that setup.
That, and I lost a hood at Powerline Park this year.
 What you have looks like it could be great buck for a mold.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
hid lights
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 10:30:58 AM »
Quote from: "Baja Rick"
I will try to get some more pics...Anything specific?

Anything,, fit along the fenders, inside space, how tall the stand up is on the very front, and the info on what it is made out of. My guess is that it is sheet metal because of the cross break but I'm not sure.

Here's why I'm interested in it. In my spare time I sometimes mess with a little fiberglass, and kinda had some ideas, but they just fit  inside the foottube and my feet would get caught up inside the confines of that setup.
That, and I lost a hood at Powerline Park this year.
 What you have looks like it could be great buck for a mold.

How about a template? I have wooden patterns that I used to make the original that I could easily transfer to poster board or cardboard and mail them to you.....By the way,it is made from aluminum coilstock....The windshield is 1/4" lexan with aluminum u channel around the edges....
Hoodlum

Baja Rick

• View Profile
hid lights
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 06:56:02 AM »
Hoodlum,
 A template would be great!  However you want to do it!
 I'm sure that with the holidays this close you've got some other stuff  on the fire so, yeah when you get the chance let me know, and we can work out the details.   :P  thanks Rick

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
hid lights
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 11:10:49 AM »
Quote from: "Baja Rick"
Hoodlum,
 A template would be great!  However you want to do it!
 I'm sure that with the holidays this close you've got some other stuff  on the fire so, yeah when you get the chance let me know, and we can work out the details.   :P  thanks Rick

Just pm me your address