Author Topic: master cylinder  (Read 2203 times)

2desertdogs

master cylinder
« on: May 12, 2010, 08:46:52 AM »
need to replace the broken sight glass on the master cylinder. Are they replaceable and who sells them.

afastcar

• View Profile
master cylinder
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 03:47:12 PM »
You cant get a new site glass from Honda, what I have done is pulled out the old/broken site glass and cut out a piece of aluminum sheet metal, then used a dermal to sand it to fit, (snug fit) then JB welded it into place. you dont need to be able to see in the side of the reservoir just take the lid off, but im sure you could find some sort of clear plastic to use if you wanted to.

2desertdogs

master cylinder
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 01:25:15 PM »
Thanks afastcar your right you dont need to keep a eye on it unless you have a leak thanks for the info.

lutrev

• View Profile
master cylinder
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 07:27:10 AM »
Anyone ever try using coins, would look cool having a 10 cent fix, or whatever size fits. :wink:

mr2angry2

• View Profile
master cylinder
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 08:37:14 PM »
i in the process of redoing 2 masters for the fl350. i ordered watch glass crystlal in a 16.7 mm sixe. going to glue in with black rtv since its resistant to brake fluid. i will post some pics once i finish it.

gmcjimmy4x4

• View Profile
master cylinder
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 01:51:19 PM »
I fixed mine by using a round peice of aluminum and some 5 min aluminum epoxy. sades it smooth and painted it. Dont even look like there was ever a window there.