Author Topic: fl250 carb problems???  (Read 1791 times)

old school honda dude

• View Profile
fl250 carb problems???
« on: December 09, 2009, 06:05:15 PM »
i had my fl250 running great about a month ago and i let it sit fer about 2 weeks.  i started it with little trouble and it ran for about 5 minutes and dies. if i pour gas into the cylinder it will start back up and run for another 5 minutes or so. any ideas?

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: fl250 carb problems???
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 08:08:10 PM »
Quote from: "old school honda dude"
i had my fl250 running great about a month ago and i let it sit fer about 2 weeks.  i started it with little trouble and it ran for about 5 minutes and dies. if i pour gas into the cylinder it will start back up and run for another 5 minutes or so. any ideas?

I would guess first either the fuel filter if it has one,or the fuel pump...If nothing there,check to see if the vent in the fuel tank cap is open...
Hoodlum

old school honda dude

• View Profile
fl250 carb problems???
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 04:58:15 PM »
i think i figured out what happened. when i bought this one, it had a huge carb on it and the boot that conects the carb to the airbox was backwards so it would fit the carb. so i swapped the big one out for a stock carb. the engine and carb is from a ody i bought in a ody in Arkansas b4 we moved Indiana. i looked up the elevations of the down there and up here. the elevation down there was 200 feet and the elevation up here in Indiana is 800. would this make a diffrence? and also i definatly know the tempuratures r afecting it.