Author Topic: Mikuni issue  (Read 975 times)

blkinfinitii30

• View Profile
Mikuni issue
« on: June 26, 2009, 04:14:46 PM »
I recently bought a mikuni carb for my fl350. I dont know the size, but i was told it was from a running fl350. Now it doesn't fit the rubber boot from the carb to the (stock)airbox. The carb opening is just too big. Has anybody ever had this problem. And whats the deal with the fitting at the bottem of the carb its huge and i can see write into where the float is(do i just run a hose  to the ground).

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
Mikuni issue
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 08:18:47 PM »
You may be able to soak the boot in hot water to soften it, then work the carb in. Someone may have a part # of a bigger boot.

The hole you speak of may be the access hole for changing jets. Check the bowl to see if it's threaded there for a screw in plug.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

84BOB

• View Profile
Mikuni issue
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 03:04:07 PM »
A little bit of heat from a heat gun,some WD to make it slide.Put a hose clamp on it and call it a day.The rubber will stretch.Another clamp on the air box tube and your done.I would also get rid of the top of the air box and put a nylon over the oiled air filter.The more air the better just jet up.The big hole in the bottom is for access to change the jets,there should be a hex screw in plug there.