Author Topic: Rear Suspension  (Read 2735 times)

puffycombs

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« on: June 15, 2009, 11:55:59 AM »
Hello All,
     I just bought my FL350 about a month ago and took it on it's maiden voyage. Everything went well until I broke the left rear universal joint which resulted in a bent rear shock :evil:

My question is this; I was wondering if anyone knows an ATV (from a Polaris, Honda, etc ) shock that will fit on my FL350? Purchasing the machine has set me back and the funds are low. I want the Works shocks but can't afford them.

Also does anyone else have a hard time getting a hold of Randy from OdysseySalvage? I wanted to get a universal joint from him.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Rear Suspension
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 01:49:48 PM »
Quote from: "puffycombs"
Hello All,
     I just bought my FL350 about a month ago and took it on it's maiden voyage. Everything went well until I broke the left rear universal joint which resulted in a bent rear shock :evil:

My question is this; I was wondering if anyone knows an ATV (from a Polaris, Honda, etc ) shock that will fit on my FL350? Purchasing the machine has set me back and the funds are low. I want the Works shocks but can't afford them.

Also does anyone else have a hard time getting a hold of Randy from OdysseySalvage? I wanted to get a universal joint from him.

Not sure on the shock, but stockers can be gotten for a fairly decent price....
As for Randy, he can be a bit hard to reach...Try weed at http://www.pilotodysseyperformance.com
Hoodlum

puffycombs

• View Profile
Re: Rear Suspension
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 02:25:29 PM »
Quote from: "Hoodlum"
Quote from: "puffycombs"
Hello All,

Not sure on the shock, but stockers can be gotten for a fairly decent price....
As for Randy, he can be a bit hard to reach...Try weed at http://www.pilotodysseyperformance.com
Hoodlum

I am having a hard time finding the stock shocks. I checked quite a few websites including eBay, Amazon, and Craiglist. I also checked with the local Honda dealer and they said it was obsolete.

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 03:37:10 PM »
I've got a pair of stock rear shocks, but about the only thing they are good for is that they are the right length. I doubt that there is any "shock" left in them.

If you want 'em You pay $20 bucks for my time to take them off the machine plus shipping and they are yours. I also have 2 stock FL350 axles, but they are considerably more.

puffycombs

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 03:58:21 PM »
I have the original springs from my shocks will this help the rebound of your shocks or are they completely worn out?

Also I found this auction on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-FL350-FL350R-Odyssey-Rear-Axle-Universal-Joint_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1205Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem19b46ab30cQQitemZ110401073932QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
not sure if it is any good although he talks the talk

What are you getting for those axels? Need the left if sitting on the machine

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 05:06:25 AM »
Axles are $125 each plus shipping, they will work for either side. If you replace the springs on the shocks I have then you will just have a spring on a worn out shock.

puffycombs

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 05:49:06 AM »
Quote from: "PilotHawK"
Axles are $125 each plus shipping, they will work for either side. If you replace the springs on the shocks I have then you will just have a spring on a worn out shock.

lol...nice. The shocks I had on my machine were almost impossible to press down by hand. Not sure if that is an indicator they are worn out.

I have a parts store near home called "The Million Parts Store" that I am going to check today on those universals. Also tried Weed website at odyssey performance and I did not see any u-joints or axles.

I will give you an answer today about those worn out shocks and the rear axle. Thanks again for your time!

puffycombs

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 10:06:32 AM »
Yeah man good news I found a used shock down the road from me! What are the odds  of that? Also I got the u-joint coming as well. O got a Honda 250R front end I am going to weld onto my Oddy