Author Topic: 30 Hours Of Ride Time For Top End  (Read 1672 times)

MrWeaselX3

• View Profile
30 Hours Of Ride Time For Top End
« on: May 08, 2009, 11:52:41 PM »
Hello New 2 The Forum and Just Bought A Fl350 And Trying To Get It Going Cylinder At The Shop Getting Bored To Wiseco 81.00 mm Piston. Doing A Complete Top End And Replacing Main Seals I Am Very Excited Since I Am In A Wheelchair Paralyzed From The waist Down And This Machine Seems Pretty Safe For Someone In My Situation. My Question Is I Was Reading Through The Owners Manual And It Says In There That You Have To Do The Top End Every 30 Hours Is This Really Necessary? That Doesn't Seem Like Alot Of Ride Time.  Any Info Wil Help To Keep This Machine Going As Long As I Own It.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Hours Of Ride Time For Top End
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 06:49:03 AM »
Quote from: "MrWeaselX3"
Hello New 2 The Forum and Just Bought A Fl350 And Trying To Get It Going Cylinder At The Shop Getting Bored To Wiseco 81.00 mm Piston. Doing A Complete Top End And Replacing Main Seals I Am Very Excited Since I Am In A Wheelchair Paralyzed From The waist Down And This Machine Seems Pretty Safe For Someone In My Situation. My Question Is I Was Reading Through The Owners Manual And It Says In There That You Have To Do The Top End Every 30 Hours Is This Really Necessary? That Doesn't Seem Like Alot Of Ride Time.  Any Info Wil Help To Keep This Machine Going As Long As I Own It.

No, not at all....If they bore it correctly and you jet it correctly,it should last for years...Be sure to bore it to plenty of clearance and drill some holes in the piston for the exhaust bridge, and you should be good to go...Also, don't forget to relieve that exhaust bridge!!!!
Hoodlum

MrWeaselX3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 09:30:59 AM »
Thanks For The Info. You Have 2 Forgive Me I Am Not 2 Experienced In Engine Work Where Do I Drill The Holes And What Size Drill And How Do I Relieve The Exhaust Bridge. Is There Any Pictures Of This Anywhere So I Can Get An Idea Of How 2 Do This Thanx

MrWeaselX3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 12:29:48 PM »
Ok I Found This http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com/350rebuild/ I Think This Is What Your Talking About Let Me Know If It Is. Thanks For The Info

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Holes
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 01:17:42 PM »
Quote from: "MrWeaselX3"
Ok I Found This http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com/350rebuild/ I Think This Is What Your Talking About Let Me Know If It Is. Thanks For The Info

That's it....Steve at Aftershock can be a big help when it comes to 350's....
Hoodlum

MrWeaselX3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 04:52:45 PM »
Thank You Very Much Im Sure Youll Be Hearing From Me Again Cause Im Trying To Get This FL350 Looking And Running As Best I Can