Author Topic: Chattering rear brake disc  (Read 1149 times)

nevadanotch

• View Profile
Chattering rear brake disc
« on: April 12, 2009, 09:29:32 PM »
I'm new to the FL350 scene and I have a question about rear brakes. I recently picked up two FL350s and one of them has an issue with a strange vibration or chattering noise when applying the rear brakes in reverse.  This is not a metal to metal grinding noise.  The other makes the same noise applying the brakes going forward.  Both of these Odys only make the noise when barely rolling.  I can understand my odyssey making the noise while traveling forward at low speed because the disc looks like its been ground metal to metal.  

I'm puzzled about the wifes because the disc looks like it is in excellent condition with little to no wear.  Note also that her Odyssey did not make the noise until after one of my friends tried to take off with the brake on!  

I have not pulled the rear caliper off either unit yet.  I'm guessing mounting hardware may be loose or possibly an issue with brake pads.  

Is this a common issue with the 350?
High Speed Soil Sampler!

MSgone

• View Profile
Chattering rear brake disc
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 04:14:44 PM »
I hate to assume things, BUT, you do know that the drive clutch makes noise at idle, right?  Also, it sounds like the pads might be tight to the rotor and chattering at low speed.  Check the pads for loose or improper mounting and be sure to check the parking brake adjustment.
Life is short,,,,,,burn rubber
  Jay