Author Topic: You 350 guys!!!!!  (Read 1545 times)

Weed

• View Profile
You 350 guys!!!!!
« on: April 10, 2007, 03:20:35 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=250100148942&rd=1

This guy is not knowledgeable about bearings at all!!!!!!  DO not buy sealed bearings for the crankcase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If you do, you will be in for a surprise after a couple of minutes on your new motor.

Weed

nuke em

• View Profile
You 350 guys!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 04:44:57 PM »
How bad was the damage Weed? Thanks for the heads up.

Weed

• View Profile
You 350 guys!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 04:59:12 PM »
No damage here, I know better than to put a sealed bearing in to a fuel/oil lubricated crank case.  I just want others to know so they don't make that mistake.

Sealed bearings are not designed for this application.  That guy should not advertise these bearings.  The loading, rpm, and heat that it can take will be different than a open cage bearing.  Yes they are the same size but should not be used.

Moskito.....any thoughts?

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
You 350 guys!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 06:06:00 AM »
Quote from: "Weed"
No damage here, I know better than to put a sealed bearing in to a fuel/oil lubricated crank case.  I just want others to know so they don't make that mistake.

Sealed bearings are not designed for this application.  That guy should not advertise these bearings.  The loading, rpm, and heat that it can take will be different than a open cage bearing.  Yes they are the same size but should not be used.

Moskito.....any thoughts?

Nope, not a thought at all - you've covered it.

It's too early to think anyhow...

I guess you could pull the seals off the bearings - they pop right out.  Still, I believe you should get the bearings from Honda or a direct replacement for the OEM units.  As you've pointed out - they don't fit the specs for the application.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'