Author Topic: who are bob and doug and why the creation of the account  (Read 1267 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
who are bob and doug and why the creation of the account
« on: October 11, 2005, 01:11:40 AM »
My post as posted on hoser's board.

Hmm...wonder if it's worth anything to even bother writing this....but what the hell.

Why would I create logins here? Curiousity I guess, anytime I've created one in the past, it gets deleted or deactivated. I go between banning hoser's IP and allowing it on my site....amusement for me. I find it funny that it never seems to take long from the time I unban him until he shows up. What's even funnier is the site copying he does. 1397 page loads in 33 minutes...that's not done by hand LOL. Guess I'm curious to see if anything (content or format) shows up here. Guess he's looking for more posts about him??

I don't know what words you have censored here, if it's anything to do with me or not.  I have not caused any trouble here since I left. I have only created accounts to read out of curiousity because my site has been copied multiple times by hoser. I also come to check out if hoser complains here about what he complains about on Mike's, again curiousity, and I have not stirred anything in doing so.

Greg, if you wanted to know why and not cause any trouble on KiowA's board..you could have contacted me directly.

As to the whole CDI thing...hoser you're a master of the twist. After Moskito's explanantion of how he obtained the information, I see nothing wrong with how he got the information. That being said, I had no part in a plan to start selling mod'ed CDI's and undercutting Bill. I recieved only one request for a CDI the whole time I had them listed, so there was no "get rich lights" going off on that. I was interested only to mod the remainig 3 CDI's I had here. If it was as easy as soldering a joint I could do that myself and save my self the cost of doing it to 3 CDI's. I can't find the time to finish up my third disc brake kit in...what...two years???? No way I could find the time to mod CDI's. Now you can believe that or not, but I don't see anything in that thread that shows any eagerness on my part to use it as a money maker, or condoning stealing (and I don't believe it was), but you twisted it into that.

Another reason I made logons here was to find the following clips.....were you guys wrong, and I was sceaming way back then? If not then what, I must have changed...and I now steal and make shady deals, when in the past I was a respected source for parts...???

Quote from: "hare"
Ludedude is a great example of a guy doing it right, he is not affraid to say what he is making, he is willing to take a normal mark up and be open about it. He rallies the crew and works his ass off to get a deal for the WHOLE group of us. He makes a mistake, he is honest and forthright about it. He has nothing to hide.

Quote from: "hoser"
People I can honestly send a new guy to for parts and services are listed below,
I am sure I am forgetting a few feel free to remind me who should be on the list.

Randy at Odyssey Salvage http://Odysseysalvage.com/
45th Parallel ATV Products http://www.45thparallel.net/

Quote from: "litespeed"
On Hoser's list above, I have bought from eveyone but The Chassis shop and they have all been great to deal with, I had a couple problems but I believe they were isolated and that's life.

Quote from: "hare"
Ludedude is another who went out of his way to get us killer deals on stuff

Other than the CDI thing, which IMO opinion you've twisted big time, as nothing you accused me of was remotely true, but since I'm sure you won't believe me....what shady deals have I made, who have I ripped off?

Finding those quotes makes me re-consider closing 45th and canning another project I had planned that would provide great savings for POOA members. But I have no interest in having to battle you guys about my reputation and motives, so I doubt I will. I may even be closing my site, it's really inactive. I had hoped the addition of the simplistic layout would attract some more users and activity. Kiowa said he was in doubt as to his plans for his board, and some found navigation on my site too hard, so I made the default layout more like KiowA's than phpbb default.   I find KiowA's format very hard to follow, especially when a post gets long.....that hammy post is a killer to follow. I think I have the best site layout, and many others have said the same thing, but without activity, it's pointless to keep, except for a test bed for mods I may want to try out for other forums I run.

The site has proved it's purpose for me whether I keep it up or not. It has allowed me to learn a lot about phpbb's. Also, just the last 8 weeks I have played with seeing if I could move up the search engine ratings without paying out to third party services....it's near the top of most engines, except google...can't figure that one out. (using honda pilot odyssey forum). I will use that knowledge for other sites. I have learned how to create some of my own mods, I made one for our provincial ATV association based on the country flag mod that's out there...changed it so it can be used to show member's club logos. I've learned a lot, and there were quite a few people that wanted me to keep the site up, they liked the features, so I did. I have many other things I'd like to incorporate into it, but the activity does not warrant it. So will it stay or not....I'm not sure. That's what was behind my asking hoser if he was interested in combining forums. I just wanted to work on a forum that had more activity. KiowA expressed interest in combining forums, but I think that's all but done for now as well, he seems to have renewed interest in the site and his format.

I have never meant to do anything but help out the POOA community. Many of us have made posts on various sites that have done nothing to build up the community, I have done it too, and for this I publicly apologize. Sitting behind a keyboard it's easy to let life's other frustrations make bigger deals out of things on here than should be, IMO anyhow.

I'd still like to meet and ride with everyone someday, the trip to TN was well worth the LONG drive, if things could ever fall into place for another trip, I'd do it again.

I have no interest in causing any shit, I'm tired of all of it....that's not to say I won't repsond if my character is attacked, but even that is not worth it really. I did not make enough from sales (hell I made $9 on the last set of shocks I sold) to make it worthwhile to combat my business integrity. Buyers are loosing more than I made now that it's closed. As I said it's not worth it, it never was, but it wasn't a "get rich off of POOA" plan, it was a help POOA plan, one that in doing so, saved me money, allowing me to get parts at cost was a big help in the financial aspect of running/upgrading my pilot.

Sorry for the length...guess I got time to kill, it's a changeover shift for me, I stay up late to help me switch to night shift.

To answer the question hoser always posts...what's your contribution?
1. When KiowA shut his P-O.com down, I created the first phpbb pilot forum, then helped hoser get his going.
2. I opened 45th Parallel to provide the beat pricing possible on parts
3. Spent WAY TOO many hours on 2 clutch deals with Power Bloc
4. Modified and created a site that met my users requests

I have not contributed the most, but far from the least

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 07:16:14 AM »
Well said brother......I see all that you have /had here with your sight and store as an A+ contribution. I know that it takes a lot of time and effort , not to mention a large phathom of computer knowledge to do what you have done. I think I speak for many when I say that we hate to see the store and sight go away, but I totally understand your point of view. If you close it all tomorrow, do it with no regrets, and do it knowing that you helped many.
Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!
Rooky

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 09:11:09 AM »
Thanks Rooky ;)

He edited my post on his site, LOL, suprise suprise. Guess I'll post my reply, as it'll probably get edited, or deleted too.

ludedude

• View Profile
copy of my reply on hoser's site.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 09:12:18 AM »
if anyone wants to see the contents of my post, you can go to my site, they're there unedited. You calling it dishonest to sign in under another name? You did so on my site, for the same reason, I can't access the ludedude account, just like you couldn't register "hoser". The need for users to sign in and gain access is because of me??? That's funny, what did I do to require people to have to sign in? hoser all you have to do is block my IP, as you often do. You can allow guest posting, maybe you just don't know how? You don't want me to post?....then why can I access, then not access, access, then not access?????
Once again you've nicely dodged the questions...real easy if you delete them.

what have I violated?
While the administrators, users and moderators of this forum will attempt or maybe not attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message some messages might not even get read. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums or web site express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators, anybody including those listed and not listed here, EVERYBODY webmaster and hence will not be held liable, if your easily offended your better off to try another one of the millions of web pages on the Interent,Everybody has their own definition of "offensive material" that being said it is safe to assume you will be offended at some point in time, you have been warned..

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions, your computers MAC address that is sent sent with packets from your computer to ours might also be loged and reviewed.. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit, nobody needs an excuse much less a good excuse to remove them. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised, if you have something you dont want others to read then dont type it on the Internet.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions for any and all reasons you might be able to dream up including anything not listed here at this time or anytime in the future.

This is supose to be fun I hope you enjoy your stay, sorry for the login crapola

No one is banned, and everyone is free to read the contents of my original post. I was surprised hoser deleted it...now that I think about, I understand why, go read the original and I think you will too.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 09:51:43 AM »
I find KiowA's format very hard to follow, especially when a post gets long.....that hammy post is a killer to follow. I think I have the best site layout,

I just want to add a bit to this statement. This was not meant to flame KiowA in anyway. His board is, to my understanding, a total code creation of his own. That is way above what I've done here, I created a site from software free to use for those that wish to set up forums. I have done a lot of tweaking/changing/editing, etc, but it does not come close to what Andy must have put into his site. I just like the phpbb navigation better, especially when I'm on dial-up, it takes so many clicks to read a thread completely.  And a thread like the hammy scammy one...WOW...it's hard to line up the posters indentations to see who they're repsonding too...if they don;t reply with history, you have to go back and find who they're replying to.

I believe the changes I've made on here allow for the best of both worlds. By default (as a guest or default for users) the format looks more like KiowA's than phpbb, yet all the sub-forum structure is maintained. For users that like the phpbb format, they can register and switch formats. I think it gives everyone what they want. Guests can post, but cannot post using already registered names.

But as I said the best layout is worth nothing if the traffic is not there. So after what may be my last attempt to point out the truth about my character becuase of the lies that hoser has spread, I may close this site. KiowA's is where the activity is, so I guess I'll be there too  :P

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 02:17:26 PM »
well that didn't take long, another account de-activated. Funny, they must have stuff to hide, don't want me finding/copying more posts to prove them wrong in their accusations.

Muddbogger knew that the email address I used pointed to newfiesteak.com, he's not an admin, at least he does not show up as on the forum, yet he knew what email address I used to register that account with...hmmm...they must be talking about me behind closed doors, there was no public posts on hoser's site about it....wonder what else they disclose about other people's accounts/character behind closed doors?

Funny, a new domain, and an email address used only to register at that site was filled with spam in only a couple weeks, coincidence?? I've heard others that were on hoser's shit list started having their email accounts flooded with spam.....this is from a guy claiming to nothing but up front honest and full of integrity. I forget who it was now, but some of the emails that got, still had hoser's email address listed when you viewed the full header of the email.

His registration says nothing about copying pages from the forum, mine does,

You also agree that any information found within the forum, either images, files, or text, may not be copied without prior consent of the webmaster.

yet it's OK for him to copy pages from my forum and post them?

Yup hoser's one straight forward honest full of integrity guy! Not IMO!
But you make up your own mind. I think he's a bitter washed up pilot guru who's fighting to try and maintain some hold over a group that has long sought after his technical wisdom. Wisdom that he gathered from other people, books, and other sites, just like you or I could have. We're all lucky hoser's created those great tech pages, but now he's like a mother that can't/won't let go of her kids. Anyone who goes against him in one form or another is labelled a trouble maker, and you'll probably get your account deleted from his site, you IP blocked and a email account full of spam.

Slowly, ever so slowly, but more and more people are finally fed up with hoser, more and more people finally post about his ridiculous attitude and posting antics. Yet to hoser, it's just more and more people that have problems, it's nothing to do with him, it's the dark-side brainwashing people.....that's not even funny, that's sad.