Author Topic: Finally made it  (Read 1767 times)

DunePilot

• View Profile
Finally made it
« on: July 02, 2005, 10:21:03 AM »
Hey guys, finally made it to POPS.  Looking forward to perusing the site.

DP
DP

ludedude

• View Profile
Finally made it
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 10:24:56 AM »
Wooo Hoo....got your email...glad you found us :) Welcome

Death By Jell-O

Finally made it
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 10:39:49 AM »
Welcome DunePilot!  You're near my neck of the woods....Where do you ride?

Hornet

• View Profile
Finally made it
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 12:17:35 PM »
DP !  Long time no see. You coming to Phoenix again anytime soon ? We have to race again, my treat. I should be getting my new toy this week.   :D
I live for sand, sand, more sand, driving fast in sand, Paintball, and just driving fast !

DunePilot

• View Profile
Finally made it
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 11:35:16 AM »
Ludedude, Death by Jello and MICROBURST!!!!  (aka Hornet)  

Yeah, I know, long time, no talk, I work too much and have been remiss in chatting up about my toys...

Lude, great site, lots and lots to read and see.  Going to be busy for awhile looking through all this stuff!   One question, how do I post a picture, I'll need step by step...please!

Death by Jello, seen you around on P-O.com and your in Oregon.  Very cool, actually part of my six (6) state territory.  Most of my riding has been in Southern CA, Glamis to be specific, occasionally Pismo.  Moved to Seattle (Puyallup actually) about a year ago.  Definitely want to hit Coos, Winchester, Sand Lake, Christmas, Beverly, Moses, all those places.  Doing some updates on my Drak and as soon as it's ready, I'll let you know.   Send me your e-mail:  Dunepilot@juno.com and I'll send you a note.

MICROBURST!!! How the heck are you buddy?  Nice cart!  I remember you said you got one.  Hope you are enjoying it.   What new toy?   Would love to race but not really interested in doing so with the Drak; think I want to just keep it as a sand toy and not ding it up.  Paid too much for it to mess it up like that.
DP

Hornet

• View Profile
Finally made it
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 07:43:40 PM »
Microburst !?  Holy cow, I haven't heard that name in years! You saw my Golf cart pic? (check out the new members must read page) Nice isn't it? A little slow, but I have put hundeds of miles on it. As for racing.... I was refering to the cart racing we did. We have a new cart place 10 times better than the place we went to. Racing Pilot's, Drak's, or mini's, can't afford it anymore. Drak? Did I miss something? You have a Drak? What about your Pilot? No Mas?  My new sand toy is a two seat mini. Not exactly a two seat drak, but.... should be fun anyway.
I live for sand, sand, more sand, driving fast in sand, Paintball, and just driving fast !

DunePilot

• View Profile
Finally made it
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 09:47:25 PM »
YEAH!!!  Microburst!  Compliments of JMS!  I'll never forget that one.

You mean Kart Racing, not cart racing!  There's a new place, even better than the one we went to?  How cool is that!!!!   Still have and wear the shirt from the last place.  We had a blast!  

Sand Spider!! VERY, VERY COOL!!!  Who built it, website link???

Feb 2003, ordered an Xtreme, Nov 2003 finally got it.  Got some minor quirks, but it wasn't built by a team of hundreds of engineers with 60+ years building motorcycles.  I've been happy with it aside from the minor stuff.  

Still have one Pilot left, the 89 I raced at Fuds.  Currently have the engine completely rebuilt, as it gave up the ghost again a little more than a year after I rebuilt the last time.  Maybe it will hold up a bit longer this time.  

Not sure when I'll get down that way, but I will let you know when I'm going to Glamis, maybe we can hook up there!

Wish I knew how to post a picture, tried to use the Browse, then Add Attachment, but it didn't work for me.
DP

Hornet

• View Profile
Finally made it
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2005, 10:26:35 PM »
The KART place has two indoor tracks, snack bar, arcade area, corporate meeting rooms, and actual full-size race cars on display.

Sand Spider: Made....um.....overseas....
                    Motor rated around 30hp stock.
                    The new pipe, K&N filter, and rejetting will increase that.
                    Neil at ATVR said he would look at what other HP
                    increasing mods might be possible; bigger carb, etc.

I need to find an engine dyno place here in town so I have a starting point for HP. Maybe one of the street rod places can test it for me.

Congrats on the Drak. The dunes in Northern Oregon are a blast ! That is where I got hooked all those years ago.   And yes, we need to get out to Glamis or something !!!  

BTW - are you going to the Sand Sport Super Show in L.A. in September ?

ludedude

• View Profile
Finally made it
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2005, 10:56:06 PM »
Quote from: "DunePilot"
Wish I knew how to post a picture, tried to use the Browse, then Add Attachment, but it didn't work for me.

That's it...it wouldn't work earlier today as I hd forgotten to CHMOD the file directory to write access after moving the site to a new directory.  :evil:  :twisted:

Click browse, find you pic on your PC
You can add any comments abou the pic in the "file commment" box
Click add attachment, wait for it to load
Once done you can repeat this to add up to 10 pictures per post.

Don't forget the multi-media gallery guys...nice to have the pictures in there too ;)

Hmmmm.....just thought of a new MOD  :P

DunePilot

• View Profile
Finally made it
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2005, 10:51:44 AM »
Hornet:  Two tracks!!! WOW!!!!  Very cool, sounds like a great place.  I'll need to find some time to get down that way.  Will let you know.

Make sure you get at least a foam outerwear for that K&N or replace it with a UNI.  Don't need to waste that engine by ingesting sand.

Ludedude, of course, it's always when you forget to CHMOD the file directory to write access after moving the site to a new directory.   :wink:   (Have no clue what you're talking about but I can understand the step by step...will give a try.)

Thx!!
DP