Author Topic: Another Fake eBay Auction  (Read 1617 times)

canpilot

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 54
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Another Fake eBay Auction
« on: March 14, 2005, 05:31:53 PM »

Moskito

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 396
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Another Fake eBay Auction
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 07:14:03 PM »
I'm gonna ask a few questions...
Let's see how legit this really is....

It's in Mesa - I can probably get someone to go look at it.

Looks like a full ATVR setup.

Here's what I just sent:

I'm in the Mid West, but have friends in Phoenix.  Any chance I can arrange to let them take a look at it?

It would be a guy that used to work at ATV Racing - in fact, he may have done the work on your Pilot - after all, all the mods you've listed/shown in the photos are ATV Racing's equipment.

May I ask why you're asking for payment in British Pounds instead of US dollars when it's in the US?

Thanks
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

Moskito

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 396
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Another Fake eBay Auction
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 04:07:52 AM »
Well, well, well - got a response - I like that they go straight to shipping and payment via Western Union or Paypal.

I think I'll go fishing a bit more.

I'm gonna tell him I can pick it up!   Tell him that I'll hand him or his representative CASH and drive the Pilot up on a trailer take it.

Here's his reply and my response back:

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: Ronald Ruff <ruffworld4@yahoo.com>
Date:  Tue, 15 Mar 2005 02:41:03 -0800 (PST)

>Hello sir
>,
>i'm glad that you are intrested in my item.I am from Arizona and i am in England now with the unit.We can deal in USD if you want, that is not a problem.


Hang on - it says the Pilot is in MESA, AZ in the auction and now you tell me it's in England?

I was thinking I could get my buddy from ATV Racing to go look at it (since it's in Mesa) and if it's what you say, I was going to have him hand you cash on the spot, load the Pilot up and be a happy camper.

So where is it and how do I look at it?


>      The unit is phisically in good conditions,no scratches and works
>great.What can i say?Regarding how i would like us to close the deal:the unit has a price that i want for it (1400 GBP).I think it is a fair price for an unit like this.If you think that you can buy the unit for this amount then i can close the auction  now and make the deal with you but there will be some rules regarding payment and shipping.


Price is not the problem.  In fact, the reason I've asked you about this is that the price is extremely low for such a ride.  They usually bring a much higher amount.  This is another reason I wanted my buddy from ATV Racing to come look at it.


>     Let's start with the shipping of the unit
>Shipping Options:
>(1)FedEx Service
>(2)UPS   Service
>(3)DHL   Service
>       I would preffer UPS service because i've used it in the past and i know how it works.If you have other preferences it won't be any problem.When the unit will be shipped,the package will be insured for 1400 GBP.I will make a Return Policy for 10  days.You will have 10 days to test the conditions of the unit.


Shipping?  I'm not going to need it shipped - it's in Mesa, AZ (according to your auction)

>       Regarding payment:
>Payment must be received trough wire transfers,like Western Union or Paypal.This are the options for payment and shipping.Now here is how the deal will work:
>-(1)the buyer will mail me his shipping address and choose via which service does he want me to ship the unit.After i receive this information i will call at the delivery service and ask what the total cost will be  to send  the unit to buyer's address.Then i will reply you back with the total amount that you must pay for getting the unit(including shipping charges).Once i will have buyers confirmation that he does agree with the price ,i will
>call at the delivery service and make the reservation for the unit shippment.Same
>day ,i will go with the unit to the delivery service so they can pack it very safe, in order not to apear any damage when it will be delivered.
>-(2)After the reservation is done,the buyer must go to send the
>payment.
>-(3)The buyer must confirm to the seller that the payment is done.
>-(4)Once i will have the confirmation of the payment ,i will call the
>delivery service and let the package be shipped.
>So this is the deal.You will have 10 days Return Policy .In this 10 days you will test the condition of the unit.In case the unit won't be like i've told you,then full refound is accepted.


Too much hassle.  My buddy comes to look at it, if it's what you say it is, he hands your or who ever has the Pilot in Mesa a hand full of cash and my buddy takes it then and there.

>       So this is my policy for a quick and safe transaction.If you think this is not a safe and secure transaction,i can contact ebay to have our transaction insured by eBay.com. In this way ebay will send you an invoice where they will confirm the following:
>-that i'm a honest seller
>-that my registration information was verified
>-that ebay allows the buyer to close the deal with my terms
>-that ebay will be responsable for all negative consequences in our
>transaction
>      If you are intrested and do agree to close the deal with my terms,i will make the deal with you.
>Best Regards!


Thanks,
Richard



AHA!!!!   E-bay's pulled the auction!!!
I still hope he decides to bite on my reply....
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

canpilot

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 54
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Another Fake eBay Auction
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 07:24:41 AM »
... yeah - first thing I did was notify eBay, then I emailed him and asked him to send me a pic of the serial number because I wanted to check on the status of the title. Interestingly I got no response. I hate these people and their crap... friggin' tea sucker!

Disclaimer: The above underlined comment in no way reflects the real way I feel toward nice tea suckers.

PilotSniper

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 319
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Another Fake eBay Auction
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 07:38:42 AM »
This is all hilarious!!!  :lol:

It still amazes me, though, the lengths these people go to STEAL innocent people's money. That part is sad.  :cry:
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

the bogger

  • Guest
Another Fake eBay Auction
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 12:11:40 AM »
Their just as bad as the non paying high bidders on Ebay, the last 350 I had on there was bid up by a 13 year old babysitter who had no intentions of buying it, it was a game to her and her brother-and I get the short end of the stick!!!!They all should be banned by ebay but how you gonna keep them off?they'll start a new Id IN A MINUTE.