Author Topic: Bottom End Tools - psst Rocketman  (Read 4286 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
Bottom End Tools - psst Rocketman
« on: February 01, 2005, 09:00:28 PM »
Hey Rocketman,

My wife picked up the tools today...haven't seen them yet, I left for work before she got home. Sorry for the delay, between snow storms and shift work...well, we just got in to pick them up  :oops:

I'll package up a set and send them down to you tomorrow or Thursday. How's the time frame now? FedEX or USPS?

I got them to make a block off plate to bolt on inplace of the cylinder so you can pressure test just the bottom end without the need to rebuild the top end first, just to find out you have a case leak  :twisted:  DUH-OH...
as well as an exhaust port plate. Both plates have threaded holes for a pipe thread fitting to hook up a pressure tester. I'm going to try a quick connect...but I'm not sure if they're good for zero leakage....

Anyhow, I had 2 sets made, let me know if you want the block off plates as well.

Now these are not tools you use everyday...I sent mine to PilotSniper to use....it just costs too much to ship them back and forth over the border. So I had a couple sets made. I'm sending on eset to Rocketman to use for his and...I forget whose...Who's interested in splitting the cost of these and just send them around to whoever needs them whenever, keep them south side of the border, I'll keep a set here, and I'll list the other set in the store for whoever wants their won set...and I can have more made at anytime now if the want is there.

Pilotsniper, I'm not going to give you a bill for shipping...but feel free to contibute to the south side set, hopefully you won't need them again.....

Price? I'm not postive...but I think..and I'll edit this tomorrow if I'm wrong...the bill came to $315CDN for 2 sets. So ~125USD for one set plus shipping.  <EDIT> Price for one set with no block off plates will be $160+shipping

Want to chip in..post here

rocketman

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 08:17:55 AM »
Sounds great.  My original time frame did not work out so I've just been waiting for a good time plus the tools.  I'll PM you with some additional information.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 11:37:10 AM »
Edited my first post...added some pictures. The price for one set without the block off plates will be $160USD+shipping.....I only have one set of the plates, and want to test to see how they work out before I get more of those made.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 01:14:37 PM »
Looks the the second set is spoken for.....

pchiarizio

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 03:41:42 PM »
Can we work out some rental situation?

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 03:52:12 PM »
Depending on where you're at I'm sure whoever buys them will loan them out.  I'm willing to loan mine, just costs too much for cross border shipping. That's why I had 2 more seys made. If you're interested/willing to share the cost, post here or PM Rocketman.  I'm sending him one set as he needs them for a rebuild.....after he's done with them...whoever else needs them is welcome to them unless he decides to buy them himself, even then, he may loan them out as well. If you're willing to rent them from him, let him know so he can figure on that. I'm leaving it up to him what he wants to do with them after he's done, buy them or I'll try to sell/Ebay them. I just like to get $160 out of them, doesn't matter to me if it comes from one person or ten ;)

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 09:07:47 AM »
Can you guys see the pictures posted in the first post of this thread? A couple people say they can't see them...but I see them fine....

stoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 09:14:37 AM »
no pix for me

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 09:19:40 AM »
now you should see them...sorry 'bout that!

rocketman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 11:36:00 AM »
Now we got pictures.  Thank you mi amigo.
 Sniper did I get that right.  How your ribs btw.

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 06:19:27 PM »
You get an "A+" Rocket!!! Great espa?ol!!! The ribs are finally getting better! I still have a long way to go, but thank you for asking. My brother, the family comedian, nicknamed me "Tony Roma". In case you're not familiar with the name, it's a popular restaurant with a specialty for ribs. Oh, he's just a hoot now isn't he? :wink:

Lude, let me know what the division looks like on the tools and I'll definitely kick in for the set. For anyone that has ever needed to rebuild the bottom end, you absolutely CANNOT do it without these tools!!!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2005, 06:22:48 PM »
Glad to hear you're coming around...still on the pills?! ;)

I'll throw in the $30 for shipping that I never charged you for if you pay Rocket instead ;)

atvnut

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2005, 07:03:52 PM »
ehy how does the bottom end block off with the rod in place? doesnt it need a hump or something? or am I just not seing something?
Thank you
"The Nut"

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2005, 07:19:55 PM »
Duh-oh! THat's not gonna work is it!  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

it's supposed to have a cutout with a welded in capped off pipe....geez....CRAP CRAP CRAP......

atvnut

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2005, 03:37:25 AM »
See how well pics work he he glad we discovered that little snafoo and yes you are right. Also is the bottom side surfaced on a mill? It would be way cool if an o'ring could be used in place of the gasket as you are only checking the bottom end anyhow.
Thank you
"The Nut"